Saturday, May 7, 2011

6 Months

Well, Mac will be 7 months this week and I am just barely getting around to posting about 6 months.  Oh well better late than never.  Mac weighed in at 19 lbs (75%) and was 27 inches long (50%) .  He is really starting to slim down now that he is rolling everywhere.  He has become so mobile.  It is really fun and scary at the same time.  There is so much more than he can get into now.  I have become the vacuuming queen!  I vacuum at least once a day- I am terrified that he will find something to put in his mouth that he could choke on.  I never knew how paranoid of a person I was until Mac came along.  Hopefully that is normal. Mac is a very busy little boy.  Anytime anything touches his feet he starts kicking at it. Everything has to be touched and examined- we are going through a very curious stage.  We spend a good portion of our day wandering around and touching different things.  Mac is also a great shopping buddy- much to Matt's disappointment. I am pretty sure Matt thought that my shopping days were over when Mac came.  It is such a blessing that I am able to stay home with Mac everyday.  I feel really blessed, even when I want to pull my hair out, I feel blessed. 

 This pic was taken right before Mac's first time being babysat.  Our friends, the Rawson's,  bravely agreed to watch Mac for a couple of hours while I was at the dentist.  Apparently all went well, but I am sure that they were just being nice.  At the time Mac still refused a bottle. I was a nervous wreck the entire time!  He made it through though- it is so nice to have such good friends here that I can trust Macallister with!
 Bath time is so much fun.  Mac is fearless with the water.  It is fun to watch him splash and play.

Never quite know what Mac's hair will look like!  Still no haircut.  Matt wants to hold out til after our trip this summer. 

 Love the skin tight thermal camo. 
 Mac's favorite place in the house, right beside the TV receiver box thing.  It has already begun with the electronics. 
 Middle of the night fun.  Did I mention that at 5 months Mac reverted to the sleep habits of a newborn.  Maybe that is why this post is so late.  Getting better though.
 Almost standing!
Love my boys!

1 comment:

Melissa Hodgen said...

Can't wait to meet that boy. I will vacuum until the floor shines. We will find all our baby toys. Love the new background. See u soon.