Last week we went on our first overnight family trip. Matt had to go to Marion, IL for work so Mac and I decided to tag along. Marion is only about 2 hours south- so not a bad drive. Matt and I thought that we would see how well Mac would do traveling. It all started so peaceful, Mac slept the entire car ride down. We couldn't believe how good he was- we felt like super parents! Then because it was Matt and I traveling, something had to go wrong. For some reason it always does. Now we are starting to expect it, and it is more humorous than anything else. There just happen to be a baseball tournament in town that weekend, so the only hotel room we could get was the Super 8. This was a old one to, maybe I should call it vintage it sounds a little better. No big deal though it was only one night. Next we drove around town and looked at the "sights". Marion is a really cute small town. We were so excited to go to dinner that night because Matt and I never go out to eat, it is a luxury to us. I had looked forward to that all week, and we decided to go to Applebees. ( there was not a lot to choose from- Marion is a small town ) The food was a let down to say the least and Matt and I are not picky eaters. To give you an idea, we love Taco Bell and we thought that The food at Applebees was inedible. No big deal again- we would just back to the hotel and put Mac to bed so Matt could get some rest for his meeting the following day. Mac would have no such thing. He woke up just about every hour that night. He would roll over in his pack and play and scratch at the sides and cry for us to pick him up. It was pathetic really. I think that we got about 2 hours of sleep- maybe! He wanted nothing to do with that hotel room or his bed, and he made sure that we knew. Long story short it was the longest trip we have ever taken and it barely lasted 24 hours. I don't think that Mac and I will tag along on anymore trips! The picture above was taken right before we left for dinner- everyone was so happy!
This is what I would find every time I walked over to the pack and play.
Macallister thought that he was so funny!
This is the next morning- can you tell he had a rough night? He is still precious though!
No comments:
Post a Comment