Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 1

At the end of July, we were able to go home for a few days and visit family.  It is a whole other experience making this trip with a baby.  Mac traveled really well for the most part.  We did have an interesting plane ride to Salt Lake.  Mac had a diaper explosion about an hour into our flight, and it just happened to be in the middle of turbulence and they were not letting anyone up out of there seats.  All the diapers I packed were in my carry on in the shelves about 2 rows back, so we were unable to change Mac's diaper for about an hour!  We just had to sit there- poor Mac.  To try and comfort him I gave him another bottle, but all that did was make him vomit all over Matt.  So by the end of our first flight we were covered in poop and throw up!!  Only Matt and I!  The good news is that he didn't cry much on any of the flights.  We had such a nice time when we finally made it to Pocatello.  It was so nice to be able to hang out with family and friends.  It never seems like we have enough time to get in everything that we would like to in those few days that we have.  We did make a trip to Island Park with my mom and siblings families.  We stayed at the Mack's Inn and it was so much fun.  Then we headed into West Yellowstone.  It had been so long since I had been it was fun to see everything again.   As always our time was so short, but we enjoyed every minute of it!

 I watched the two youngest boys in Island Park while everyone else floated the river.  Apparently it was an interesting ride and I am glad that I didn't go.  Everyone came in one by one shivering from the cold water!  Mac and Declan were fun to watch together.  I am glad that we were able to be there and let Mac meet all of his cousins.
 Waiting for everyone to come back from tubing.
 Poor Declan, he sat in this chair and called for his mom, dad, grandma and sisters almost the entire time they were gone.  Cute and sad at the same time!
 Matt, Ari and Joey
 My Grandma Irene and Mac.  I am kicking myself now for not taking pictures of all of us together.  I was so tired that I was not thinking clearly.
 All my Mother's grandchildren.
 Joey and Ari- so beautiful!
My brother tried so hard to have Macallister like him.  I think that he was successful in the end!

No comments: