Friday, January 21, 2011

Rice Cereal

So about a week ago our little man started waking up at about 4 in the morning, and he was STARVING!  I could barely lift him up out of his crib with out his sucking on may face then my arm and then screaming when it wasn't working!  This was so weird for Mac because he has slept through the night since he was about 4 weeks old.  Seriously- like 8- 10 hours of sleep each night.  We thought that we were seriously the luckiest parents on the planet!  So we eventually came to the conclusion that he wasn't getting enough to eat before he went to bed so we decided to give rice cereal a try.  Yes I know that he is a bit young to be trying this, but he passed all the tests - he can hold his head up on his own and he was watching us eat and smacking his lips, and when I gave him his first bite he didn't push the cereal out right away he swallowed it.  So we decided what the heck and had him finish the bowl.  He did so good!  I couldn't really decide if he liked it or not.  Sometimes he would smile and other times he would make a disgusted face.  But our plan worked he started sleeping better through the night- not like before but better and he is waking up happier.  It has only been two nights, but it is going good! 





1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love his constant surprised face, oh and the rolls on the arms and legs are so squishable! I can't wait til til get to squish them for reals! :)